Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

shifting in verilog..plz help!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

cutesue

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
i have to send a 32bit input (IP address in hex for eg 703020F8 ). I need to take 4bits at a time and perform some operation on it,then next 4bits and so on.. how do i do it in verilog?
in gate level, I take 32bits,put it through a 32bit register, take an output of 8 lines (4bits each) and then put it through an 8:1 mux to get 4bit output..

can someone plz tell how to do it in verilog

i think you did not need mux and 8 output line of 4bit each .

First of all store your incoming data into internal 32bit register then using a mod 8 counter connect internal 4bit line to 4bit of internal register using part select operand so that at a time 4 bit of internal register will be connected to the internal line and then perform operation which you have to do on the 4 bit of data after the operation directly connect that to your output line .

Status
Not open for further replies.