Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

sentaurus - modify semiconductor

Status
Not open for further replies.

sepplmatze

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

I want to modify existing semiconductors in sentaurus structure editor in order to build a device with organic semiconductors. Does anybode know how to do this? I need to chenge transport equations, mobility etc.
Furthermore, how can I change the permittivity of an insulator?

Thanks a lot in advance!

interesting project,
i am doing the same, but with Silvaco tools.
good luck.

Probably it's too late now, but anyway I'll try to answer your question.
To change parameters of your materials you need to access to the parameter file. In the terminal type
sdevice -P:material (where material is the element you want to modify).
The simulator will create a models.par file in your directory. Open it and modify the values you want. Then in you command file for the simulation , in the File section add the string:
Parameter="models.par"
you can double check that you did it in the right way checking the log file of the simulation. Just before to start to calculate the static condition, the log file will say something like:
modified values: permittivity=5 instead of 1.

I hope it still can help :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back