Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

sensing fingers movement?

Status
Not open for further replies.

asic1984

Full Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
fingers movement

hi all

do any one know what is the idea of sensing the movement of the fingers of hand .......so by which special compinations of fingers movement can represent an order ...................(controlling with fingers movement)

i wish that any one know useful links

thanks too much for your help

Hi.
Several years ago a ~10 year old kid came up with that idea, somehow found a toy factory that produced the sensing glove for a virtual something game. Won the year award on design.
Should still be available at toy/computer game stores.
A search with the proper words "game" "virtual" "glove" should yield results.
Miguel

You mean The Power Glove?

**broken link removed**

**broken link removed**

hi

i am searching for the design and about sensors .......and how can i implement it .........schematics not the product

thanks

Do a search at the MIT robotics lab .I'm shure all is there

hi

thanks too much eltonjohn................i search in **broken link removed**

buyt i didnot find what i need.............if u know where it is please tell me

thansk all for help

I have made, with a friend, a "mouse gove" sensing 2 fingers movement... are you interesting?

asic1984 said:
hi

i am searching for the design and about sensors .......and how can i implement it .........schematics not the product

thanks

I would think about his post. the power glove has been hacked a fair amount - google and ye shall find. Lots of information on how it works. I don't know about your part of the world but I sometime see those for sale at thrift and second-hand stores.

Use bend sensors (h**tp://www.spectrasymbol.com) stitched along the fingers of a glove. Connect these to serial A/D converter and link the output to a PC using serial port or USB port. In the PC, write a code in VC++ to use the appropriate finger movements.

Use bend sensors (h**tp://www.spectrasymbol.com)

actually, the dudes at spectrasymbol called it flex sensor..anyway, i happen to used a couple during my fyp..u could get a free sample from them..oh, yes they are generous..btw i did a telerobotic manipulator arm for my fyp..basically the arm moved according to the movement of my arm..but up to 3 d.o.f only..pm me if u need anything..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back