Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Sensing current with dspic33f

Status
Not open for further replies.

renguo

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi, I'm planning to make a small project based on microchip's application note on interleaved power factor correction at **broken link removed**

However, instead of using high voltage, my input is just 5-9 Vpeak and output is 15 V, since this is just a small project. Therefore, I think I can make my circuit simpler (the complete circuit does look overwhelming!) since there's no need for isolation due to high voltage.

So in what ways do you think can I simplify the circuit? I have some ideas but I'm not sure if they're even valid!

1. replace current transformers with other types of current sensors (perhaps even just a small resistor?)? I've attached a screenshot of the said current transformer used in the design
current sensor.JPG

2. do you think I can just replace the resistor-based current sensor with amplifier with just a single resistor and input it directly to the microcontroller? I've attached another screenshot of this part of the circuit.
current sensor big.JPG

Thanks, and sorry if I sound so noob :(

And one more thing, if indeed I can use resistors and input it directly to the microcontoller, is it possible to amplify the signal internally since the voltage measured will probably be very small?

Attachments

• current sensor.JPG
    current sensor.JPG
    16.3 KB · Views: 62

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back