Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Sending a message with the MC35 modem using GPRS

Status
Not open for further replies.

pattousai

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
mc35i modem settings

Hi everyone, i'm new in the forum and in the wireless communication as well...

I'm developing a project that i have one microcontroller connected to a source of data and also connected to a GSM/GPRS Modem (i'm planning to use the Siemens MC35i), and what i want to do is get a data from the source and send by the Modem, using SMS (i think that is pretty easy) and using a GPRS connection that will send this data directly to a server.

Is exactly the last function that i have doubts about... I know that in some point i have to have the TCP/IP stack, but the MC35i claims to have it, but my question is: how to use it? how i will send a file to the modem, and make sure it will send for the destination? is using AT commands? is that really possible?

it will be more easy if i use a microcontroler (i'm already use the PIC family, so, it will best if i can still use this family) that have the TCP/IP stack? If so, which microcontroller i use?

thanks for the attention and sorry for the bad english

Re: mc35i modem settings

Dear pattousai i am also working on the same project and i am from Pakistan will u plz send me the Data of the Project with Drawings and programming codes....plz help me ma email address is naveed.engineer@gmail.com

Status
Not open for further replies.