Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

self heating of finfets

Status
Not open for further replies.

karan1207

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
In the SPICE models of transistors, what is the parameter which when set can acknowledge the self heating effect. I am aware of SHMOD. Are there anymore flags/parameters that need to be set/reset to see the self heating effects on the FET performance.

In the SPICE models of transistors, what is the parameter which when set can acknowledge the self heating effect. I am aware of SHMOD. Are there anymore flags/parameters that need to be set/reset to see the self heating effects on the FET performance.

Hi,

SHMOD=1 enables self-heating effects in BSIM-CMG. That's the only parameter I am aware of. As is said in the BSIM-CMG manual, the thermal resistance, thermal capacitance and width dependent co-efficient for self-heating calculation can be modified by setting RTH0, CTH0 & WTH0 respectively if you need to modify them.

ok, so anyone know how much the performance reduces due to self heating? I mean how much percentage decrease in Id?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back