Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Selecting between OrCAD, Altium Designer, Zuken, or PADS

Status
Not open for further replies.

RunFromYourWife

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I have used all four of the above tools for circuit design, simulation, and PCB design/layout. I have the option (and responsibility) of selecting my company's ECAD software going forward. I am already leaning in one direction, but thought I'd see what folks think on this issue.

I have either used, or seen in use, all of these tools in pretty sophisticated designs involving low-power applications, high-speed processing applications, inductive coupling, microwave wireless, as well as varying mixed-signal applications. Therefore, I think that any one of the tools can be used to do well. My company does not do high speed or high power designs, but more low power and microprocessor muscle only for communications (wired & wireless) so super high speed features are nice but unnecessary for my purposes.

So...what is your preference in circuit/PCB design tools and why?

hiii,
In my opinion altium designer is best software for PCB designing because lot of options are there as well as short cuts and routing also very easy.

I think Altium is enough for the purposes that you mention in your post.
You must also consider purchase of these EDAs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back