Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

SDF simulations are passing but noSDF is failing (SimVision).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ramo.

Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I'm running simulations but i noticed that noSDF simulations are failing, although simulations with SDF are passing.

For an instance I know that SDF simulations are the closest to silicone, so we can neglect the noSDF that are having mismatches. But i want to go to the bottom of this issue to remove this problem in my case.

I think that it must be the simulator (I'm using Cadence SimVision), it has some problems scheduling 2 events happening at the same time.

Do you have any idea why this might happen?

Cadence is quit new to me ( I used modelsim before), in modelsim the solution was to add nospecify option.

Do you know if there is a similar option in SimVision?

Last edited:

If the design is all synchronous. It should not happen.
There must some delay related design blocks, which does not have a proper simulation delay in RTL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back