Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

scope of VLSI.......... please urgent help needed..

Status
Not open for further replies.

nup

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hello everyone,
one of my friend has applied for MS abroad.
he wants to go for MS in power systems but is not getting opportunity.
so he is thinking of doing MS in VLSI.

so i wanted to know that is doing MS in VLSI is good? and is there any scope in India in next 10-15 years as he wishes to return back??

Hi,

Instead of doing 2 years MS in VLSI, one can do full time 6 months course through CDAC and get a better career in India...

There is definitely great scope for VLSI in India, i wouldn't agree with @amolypalshetkar as 2 years of MS in VLSI and then working there for sometime is definitely worthwhile than doing a 6 months course through CDAC or as a matter of fact from any such institutions, everyone knows what is the employment percentage for the people who do such courses, and i dont know how can anyone compare the 6 months CDAC course with a full time 2 years diligent MS Programme given it is from US Universities.

If you look at the statistics then since past decade there have been a steep increase in recruitments in the field of VLSI especially in the fields of verification and FPGA design and that will continue in future as well so tell your friend to blindly go for MS in VLSI preferrably from US universities.

Status
Not open for further replies.