Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

SAW Sensor - Why is my circuit not oscillating?

Status
Not open for further replies.

saviobezerra

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
First, sorry for my bad english.

I'm building a project using a Colpitts Oscillator with Differential Pair, designed for ~117.6MHz. I'm using LTspice for simulation. The oscillator individually oscillates, but I need it to oscillate when I add a sensor model (as seen in the image in the circuit's feedback loop). When I add the sensor it initially wobbles and then stops, any ideas how I can fix this?

Attachments

• circuit.jpg
    circuit.jpg
    150.8 KB · Views: 148

I merged the new post with the previous thread. The question was basically answered two months ago. An oscillating configuration was suggested.

There are essentially two points
- resonator has 180° phase shift and needs non-inverting amplifier configuration
- need to achieve sufficient gain and impedance matching

Frequently a simulated oscillator needs to be kicked to get it started. The kick in a real circuit is an input pulse that is produced with noise or a power-on voltage surge.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back