Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

S parameter loadpull ADS

Status
Not open for further replies.

yxue

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi, everyone. Recently I am testing a Switch, and I have got the S-parameter by VNA. But the performance is not good enough especially S22, because it is not matched to 50 ohm at output( actually we don't need it matched to 50 ohm, it will be connected to LNA).
Anyone knows if VNA has a capability of loadpull test? otherwise, you guys know how to do loadpull simulation in ADS for S-parameter? Please help me.

For loadpull simulation in ADS, use the design guide.

Also for understanding the procedure have a look at this document.

Attachments

• 5989-9542EN.pdf
    1.3 MB · Views: 159

thanks for your help. Actually I want to import the S parameter measurement result into ADS, and do the loadpull to see what is the best performance I can get no matter what output impedace it is. I know it seemed a little wield, but anyway, is it possible to do this in ADS? Thanks you.

Yes, It's possible to do it in ADS.
But you need to have measured S parameter at every load impedance and you have that measured data-set, you already know that at which load impedance you can get best performance; therefore there will be no need to do it in ADS.
Furthermore small-signal S parameters will not help you, you have to have large-signal S parameters.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back