Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

RVDT or Resolver sources

Status
Not open for further replies.

zainka

Full Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I am searching for RVDTs or Resolvers in the low or midrange segments (simply because good ones are to expensive). If you know of a source / distro i would like to know or where to get ok used once. Tried ebay but there where few options and most where either to expensive or broken / sparepart sources

to be used in an DIY antenna tracking system

My story might serve for contrast and comparison...
To rotate our roof TV antenna I purchased Radio Shack's motorized antenna rotator. ($70 thirty years ago.) The roof unit had a large motor which turned the antenna through 350 degrees. The armchair unit had a small motor turning a dial labelled with the four points of a compass.

The motors were geared to turn both indicator and antenna at the same speed. To get the two aligned, I had to spend some time trying different positions of the dial, then stepping outside to eyeball the antenna's direction, north-south-east-west.

I don't know if this method is less expensive or less effort to construct than your planned project.

Well, it would be less expensive but I was hoping for a non-eyeball dependent system.
Its to be used with, or more correct... experimenting with, satellite tracking sw like gpredict as an example. These sw has systems for radio (SDR radios) and antenna rotator control for autonomous trakcing. When built the system needs some eyeball supported calibration off-course but should then be left alone for most time. Its one of those project one do for the fun of it.

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back