Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

running ocean after a data file has been written

Status
Not open for further replies.

mialee

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
running ocean scripts

Hi! i'm doing some scripts in ocean and octave,

the data (dimensions of transistors) is calculated,then is written in an output file (octave_output) and read for my ocean script,i want to do all this automatically,i mean, when octave_output is written in some way my ocean script (which has the analysis and the outputs that i want it to print in an ocean output file) has to "know" that the data is ready to be read and run the simulations.

I hope someone can help me with this.

I guess this could be done via SKILL, but I wouldn't know how :-(

However, as you can start your ocean script via your OS (Unix, Linux), you could use its utilities in order to decide when a new file has been created (or updated), then start your ocean script.

I decided to do my scripts in one "big" ocean script (both ocean and octave scripts),it's basically the same idea,the advantage is when finding the first values then they are replaced using desVar and that's it!

mmm,but I still do want to know how to do what I said I wanted to do.:)

Any ideas?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back