Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

rtl compiler synthesis generated netlist simulation

Status
Not open for further replies.

swaps

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi frnds,
Can anybody tell me how we simulate netlist(gate level) file after doing rtl-gate level synthesis.
I m using cadence rtl compiler for synthesis of standard cells in verilog. After doing successful synthesis it generates gate level netlist which i have to simulate to verify the functionality of standard cells. Simulator is ncSim.

When i trying to simulate it shows error with all individual cells. And can't get that errors.

Looking for positive response from anyone.

Thanx.

Post error log here.
DId you compile standard cells simulation library in NCSim?

Just compile the library which contains functional defination of each gates.
I am sure you are using TSMC library.
So, compiler tsmc_180.v file first before compiling the netlist
Then elaborate the testbench(NCelab) but before that provide timescale for netlist and testbench.
Then Simulate the testbench.
If you dont use verilog library of the equivalent cells of that of fast/slow/typical .lib file then during compiling
the compiler cannot understand the cell defination as netlist will be in the structural form.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back