Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

RTL Compiler : Any command to find out cells driven by multiple clocks

Status
Not open for further replies.

pavan.mk

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello everyone,

Can anyone suggest me how to find out if any sequential elements are getting driven by multiple clocks?
Is there any command in RTL Compiler to find out this?

Thanks in advance.

you can write a small TCL proc... if you want it command based try the below but you may have to do it multiple times for each clock or check the document help if they have any other option

" all des seqs -clock <clockname>"

Hope this helps...

HI ED,

Thank you. But how can I differentiate the cells which are having multiple clocks? There should be a mux output which is connected to the clock pin of the sequential element. How can I find this?

Hi Pavan,
will explain the procedure and you can find out the RTLC tool commands. I will provide the PT commands and find the equivalent in RTLC.

1. If design is not so big, get all the sequential elements into List.
set b [ get_cells -hier * -filter "sequential elements" ]

2. foreach_in_coll a $b {
get_attr [get_pin $a/CLK clocks] ;Getting clock attribute on all the clocks.
}

Use TCL to store the CLK pin and corresponding Clocks .

If any of the sequential cell reports multiple clocks, then your problem is resolved.

You may need to enable multiple clock propgation varaible also to check this.

Regards,
Sam

Isn' t the question posed not well?

I mean sequential element like Flip flop can be driven by one clock

BUT

in a multi-clock domain design e.g. 2 clock domain design, there can be some registers driven by one clock and some by other clock. The challenge is to find registers and their associated synchronizing clock.

Seniors correct me if i am wrong.

Isn' t the question posed not well?

I mean sequential element like Flip flop can be driven by one clock

BUT

in a multi-clock domain design e.g. 2 clock domain design, there can be some registers driven by one clock and some by other clock. The challenge is to find registers and their associated synchronizing clock.

Seniors correct me if i am wrong.

use command "report timing -lint"

cocunuts, please explain what does this command do?

"report timing -lint"

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back