Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

RS422/485 4 wire and RS485 2 wire with one IC

Status
Not open for further replies.

asadi.siyavash

Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,
I am really confused I saw some equipment that work with 2 wire and 4 wire RS485. they used same wire so they used one IC for converting. as you see in the picture
fiber-optic-converter-serial-29418-2847483.jpg
but as I understood from MAX3490 just can support four wire. how I can used it or some IC like this in both condition 2 wire and 4 wire without need any change in the PCB.
please help me,
all the best
Siyavash

i know but how can implement with something like MAX3490

You can't connect MAX3490 for half-duplex (two-wire RS-485) operation because it misses a tristatable driver respectively a TX-enable function. You can use e.g. MAX489 and your design must be able to generate the required direction information.

could you give me a shematic diagram of what you said? as you said user should manually select 2 wire or 4 wire communication? or not without any changes like above image it can work with 2 wire and 4 wire.
any help would be greatly appreciated.

I expect the product is using something like MAX1381, RS-422/485 transceiver with logic selectable half-/full-duplex mode.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back