Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

RS232 and USB interfacing with at89c51

Status
Not open for further replies.

jay_3189

Banned
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Is there any difference in RS232 and USB communication for Keil for at89c51.

If i have rs232 port at controller side and usb at PC side than what step i need to follow while programming.

Can any one help me to write simple code for below.
I have Connected in this is RTC I2C(DS1307) with 32.678khz and i want to see this time in my PC.
How could i?
i have at89c51 controller with 11.0592 freq.

Re: RS232 and USB interfacing wit at89c51

hai,
i think u want to interface your microcontroller with ur PC, but your PC doesn't have a COM port (RS232), is that right?
if so, U need to add a bridge between PC and your microcontroller (USB to RS232 bride, board is available or u can make ur own using converter IC..). then U can communicate with PC using UART....

Ratheesh is right , you can use an RS232 to USB converter in the PC side and and you have to program the microcontroller for RS232 communication

Regards

If I use that cable which have RS232 at one side and USB at other side than in which application can I see the output. (i.e.,I mean how we see output in hyper terminal.)

u need USB to serial cable converter to do this.

If I use that cable which have RS232 at one side and USB at other side than in which application can I see the output. (i.e.,I mean how we see output in hyper terminal.)

if the cable u mensioned here contains a converter circuit inside in it, u can use it as normal .....

You can use ft232 or pl2303... usb to serial converter.
After you install the driver of the converter, your pc can communicate with the microcontroller with standard baud rates.
I2C protokoll not sensitive for speed. The microcontroller generate the sda/sck signal. You can modify the at89c51 frequency if need for right uart timing.

Ok i got that but now is there any changes that i have to do in program?
i mean i have a program in c for rs232 to send data to PC but now i want to use usb.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back