Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Rotating Coil Transformer

Status
Not open for further replies.

jsmithown

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi! I am trying to find some information on a rotating coil transformer. I'm not sure if there is another name for this, but I haven't been able to find any good information on it.

I am interested in purchasing one, so any purchasing links would be great! Also, any information would be even better!

Thanks

In reality, a squirrel cage motor is a rotating coil transformer ;-)
However, what do you want to do with it? What special problem do you want to solve??

On hind sight, every motor, where second coil is not excited, is a rotating transformer.
Other rotating transformers are synchros, selsyn etc.
These are used for transmitting angular information.

wat do u want to do i mean wat is ur application

The purpose of doing this is to transfer power from a stationary object to a rotating object.

It will be used to replace a slip ring.

In that case, if the coils are concentric and one coil rotates inside (or outside) the other along the circumference, the transformer is literally same as stationary transformer (the ones we are familiar with).

You can use AC to drive the power into one coil and extract power from the other coil. You may need to rectify to convert to DC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back