Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

ridge frequency estimation?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dalaharp

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
ridge frequency estimation

Hi,

Can anyone help me out with the ridge frequency estimation in fingerprint images.
what is the procedure for doing it, i.e. equations involed.

and any inputs about gabor filters will be most helpful.

thanks for any help..

ridge frequency

It still in the Raymond's report you talked about in the previous thread. page 10.
If the detailed is not contained in his report, there should be more details in the papers refered to in the report.

frequency ridge estimation

ya some details are available in his report, but they are very superficial. i wish to know about it in more detail.

thanks;

hi,

In Raymond Thai paper , he didn't give much explanation to estimate ridge frequency and references also. if any one have the idea , could u please explain
how to calculate ridge frequency.

1. count the peak (just like you have a sine wave)
2. correlate it with some periodic signal, i.e. sine, square wave, etc., and the frequency of the signal that gives maximum correlation is what you are looking for.

There are some more detail in

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back