Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

rflid lab monitoring system....

Status
Not open for further replies.

52eoc

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I have a project that used to monitor the lab with rfid door lock system. The tags data will be send through an ethernet connection in wireless connection in which there is two laboratory and one server(PC/host).There are 4 rfid reader entry points from first lab being place from the door of the entrance and the other one is exit door.The same with the second lab. My problem is can i used vb6 winsock application here for the application in which the can see the log of the student attendance and if not php will be my second choice.Then I will used a wifi router to establish connection from each lab.How can I know if the port is sending the data by using a tcp/ip module interface to a pic microcontroller circuit.Please give me some ideas on how to implement this one. because I have also database for application.

What form is the database currently?

What about newer VB.NET, a free compiler is available from Microsoft?

There are 8 RFID readers total, is that correct?

No there is only four rfid reader and being interface with a tcp/ip module and being set by the server the port address in sending data? What is the best software application for these?And what is the best tcp/ip module should I used for these?

No there is only four rfid reader and being interface with a tcp/ip module and being set by the server the port address in sending data? What is the best software application for these?And what is the best tcp/ip module should I used for these?

It would be easier to connect the RFID readers directly to a ZigBee Module, no additional MCU needed, and use an ZigBee/Ethernet Gateway like the Digi ConnectPort X2 I posted in another thread.

However, I you really need to go directly to WiFi let me research it before making a suggestion.

As far as the software.

If you download the Visual Studio 2010 Express for free, you have your choice of programming in C#, VB and other languages. The .NET framework makes it easy to program the TCP/IP and SQLserver database.

Visual Studio 2010 Products

Visual Studio 2010 Express Products - Free Download

If you buy the Academic Version, which Microsoft almost gives away to teachers and students, it's equivalent to the Professional Version.

BigDog

Status
Not open for further replies.