Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

RFID tag with multiple port

Status
Not open for further replies.

aleksey0131

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi, guys!
Have somebody worked with UHF chip having two antenna connected to two different port? I obtained increment of read range about 1.4 times (near to theory ) using two orthogonal straight dipole, but using dipoles of different form led to essential decreasing of read range. I think there is problem with out-of-phase combining of signal from two antenna? Do somebody have any information about such case?

Hi aleksey0131.. Right now I am struggling with crossed dipole RFID tag antenna.. I dont have any idea how to calculte the reading range.. After I simulate the 2 ports antenna, I got two antenna impedances, which means each antenna have their own impedances.. I dont know whether I should take the averange of these two antenna impedances or should I combine those two impedances in order to calculate the reading range.. Please help me :cry:

Status
Not open for further replies.