Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

RFIC layout guidelines

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

rty94

Hello,

I am doing my first steps on RF IC layout so I would like to ask if there is some useful book, site, general guidelines, etc that could help me a little bit

Thanks!!

There is a book called as "The Art of Analog Layout" but it's a textbook that explains just the essential rules/techniques of layout techniques.
I've done RFIC/MMIC layouts for many years and I can frankly say you that you have to learn it by yourself by following up some basic principles.
What they are..
-Symmetry
-Grounding
-Decoupling
-Matching
-Isolation
etc.

R

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
With the right EDA tools, the process of learning good layout techniques can be significantly accelerated.
Without that, you will be shooting in the dark, without any visibility, where is your mismatch is coming from, or high resistance, or delay, clock skew, etc.

R

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back