Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

RF Safety- is RF field harmful with longer exposures?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Calvinckc

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
RF Safety

Is it harmful for a human body exposure to RF field for a long time ??
Because I always feel headache or dizzy when doing the measurement each time .....

Re: RF Safety

This is a very controversed issue. Rumours circulated mainly around use of GSM phones, which transmits at max. 33dbm, which is relatively much, and many thinks that can harm, but nothing was proven scientifically so far ( at least after my knowledge). The main problem is the thermal effect which RF frequecies have on humman tissue, and of course, this is directly proportional with the ammount of RF power at which a subject is exposed. After all, microwave ovens use exactely this principle of operation. There are rumours that prolonged RF exposure can cause cancer and many other kind of illneses, but nothing is proven "beyond reasonably doubt".

/pisoiu

RF Safety

you are right ! you have given an detailed explanation .

Then, what power level is harmful and we need to take notice about it ??

As I said, this issue is very relative. Surely a GSM phone won't affect you, there are so many users of them....and surely as well it is TOTALY NOT indicated to put your hands into a running microwave oven. I am not aware of exact numbers, because they depend on so many factors (frequency, propagation medium parameters, type of emmision - constant or pulsed-, etc.). Perhaps other fellows who are aware of such informations will share them.

/pisoiu

Calvinckc said:
you are right ! you have given an detailed explanation .

Then, what power level is harmful and we need to take notice about it ??

Now the mobile phones are needed to perform SAR (surface Absorption Rate) testing to see that the phantom has absorded how many energies during mobile transmission.

RF Safety

I worked on uwave lab for 20years. During my experience i've meet some few people that reported headache after measurement with radiated signals.
On all cases they reported the symptom only later they was informed about EM radiation... and the EM fiels was no more than +5 dBm... THINK !

also think that usually you, me, everyone is radiated whith a more energetic EM radiation than radiowaves, the light. For a sunny day: 1KW/m^2.

To conclude; attention to RF power: Yes. Phobia and paranoia: NO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back