Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

RF RECEIVER FRONT END LNA DESIGN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gagan_SJSU

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi all

Can some one help me with the difference between Cascode and Cascade configuration of an LNA? It was mentioned in a paper that a two stage LNA folded into a single stage acts as a Cascode for DC and Cascade for RF. What exactly does it means? For your reference please see the attachment that shows the configuration:

Regards
Sunny

A “cascode” amplifier uses a transconductance amplifier followed by a current buffer, when a “cascade” amplifier are two (or more) transconductance amplifiers following one to each other.
I found there are a lot of papers and books which are confusing these two terminologies.

Reactions: rajezd

rajezd

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Thank you very much....I read that difference somewhere but still had a doubt..well its confirmed now..thanx

Status
Not open for further replies.