Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

RF positioning system using " triangulation"

Status
Not open for further replies.

hoho

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
rf positioning

I'm doing a final project " RF positioning system" using triangulation theory.
It consists 1 Tx and 3 Rx GSM 900 MHz and downconvert to 100 Hz and feed into PIC microcontroller

How to compute a mathematical derivation from DFT(discrete fourier transform) to find the phase difference then convert it to time. From that "maybe", I can find the angle and distance by using triangulation theory.

Can u show me the diagram and mathematical derivation ?

What type of anttena should i use ? Directional or undirectional ?

Any recomended site for free sample for RF ic chip to Malaysia?
Maybe my explaination a bit confussing, anyway help me even u know or don't know !!

TQ

rf triangulation

Dude this project is rather complicated.
I recomend to read following:
hxxp://www-imt.unine.ch/mogid/
You shoud read gsm standart very carefully.To succeed with such a project you need phone with service firmware.

rf positioning system

Please note that at 900MHz wavelength in open air is only 30cm. So your algorithm will give you a lot of equivalent solutions at 30cm distance. Try to use a lower freq if you can!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back