Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

RF planning and antenna pattern

Status
Not open for further replies.

alqasim

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
How could the antenna pattern affect the RF planning / designing criteria ?

At a first glance, antenna gain is important so you can make your link budget. Then, according to maximum and minimum input/output power levels, you may want to design amplifiers, mixers, estimate SNR, noise figure, etc...

I think you have got it back-to-front. You need to cover this area/receive this signal. . . etc. Then you design your aerial to suit. You don't start of with an aerial and say look we can cover this area but not that one.
Frank

Hi chuckey

yes i agree with you but still it is a valid way to ask :)

actually, my point from the question is if i have an RF design for a network with six sectors in the base station , simply , i will choose 60 degree (3db angle) sector antenna but if i have many models of this antenna but with different gain at the angle - let us say - (± 90 degree) degree ,

in this scenario , i will choose the antenna that have less gain at (± 90 degree) , but if the price is a factor that i have to look at then i have to balance .

so i want to trade off between different factors : the RF planning pattern , antenna ... etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back