Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

RF PCB Orcad - is it available in the demo version

Status
Not open for further replies.

JrV

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
allegro rf-pcb menu

Hi,

I am using OrCAD PCB Editor 15.7 Demo

I read in the PCB Editor user manual that you can do RF design, however if I open de PCB editor I can not find the RF PCB sub menu.
So me question is it available in the demo version.

Regards,
JrV

RF PCB Orcad

Which kind of menu did you expected to find?

Orcad has not any "RF" special feature.

If you look at RF simulator with layout capabilities you should look to more expensive packages such as MWO or ADS.

Mazz

Re: RF PCB Orcad

Some how incomplete question and a wrong reply to it.

Cadence has stop developing OrCad layout since few years. But they kept OrCAD capture which they have successfully integrated as front end tool with Allegro. Due to some marketing gimmick Cadence decided to add OrCAD name to its lite version of Allegro and call it OrCAD PCB Designer but it is in fact Allegro Tool with OrCAD capture rather than Concept.

To Answer your question you need to have license for Allegro PCB Design XL to see RF-PCB menu and this is not available on "demo" version.

M

JrV

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
RF PCB Orcad

hello , please if any one can attach a magazine or a good article about PCB from A to Z because i don't know any thing about them and i will work on them on my graduation project ,please reply and if you can't help also reply & say we can't

Re: RF PCB Orcad

Attached to this reply a document illustrating some main concepts in PCB design starting from schematic till layout.
I hope it'll be useful.
(the document's in a folder named "docs")

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back