Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

rf mems shunt switch simulation; s-parameter by ansoft hfss

Status
Not open for further replies.

danial_1860

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi evereybody
im trying to simulate a shunt capacitive switch on a cpw by ansoft hfss, but i have problems to excite the structure to obtain s-parameters. i dont know how and with witch wave port i should do the excitation. has anybody any idea??

im working on a cpw transmission line, not microstrip transmission line, also i dont know how to excite, with witch port, wave port or lumped port or...

Sorry, I didnt realise that u were talking about CPW. I think you should use a lumped port. and take a look at this thread:
https://www.edaboard.com/threads/88098/

If you dont have a ground plane you can probably use two ports at either side. I am almost sure I have seen a official ansoft example with this kind of setup.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back