Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

RF DC block and RF output coupling capacitor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gundam001

Full Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
rf dc block

Hello guys,

I a circuit used in gps application. Its an LNA connected to a RF switch. My problem is how to solved the correct capacitor to couple between the LNA and RF switch. Please see attached picture for you reference.

Thanks in advance...

rf coupling capacitor

smith chart is the most applicable to solve your problem. you need the output impedance of upc8236t6n and the input impedance of the upg2021tb or vice versa. then plot on the smith chart and solve for the right match

output coupling capacitors

jongjong said:
smith chart is the most applicable to solve your problem. you need the output impedance of upc8236t6n and the input impedance of the upg2021tb or vice versa. then plot on the smith chart and solve for the right match

Hope you can show me an example on how solve this problem. I have long gone forgotten how to solve using smith chart..

upc8236t6n

You don't need to use the Smith chart if its just a coupling cap.

Just use a 10pF.

coupling capacitor

use 1pF or 10pF or 100pF.
Your job of blocking DC will be done.
It will not change output much.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back