Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Rewiring a via connection

Status
Not open for further replies.

curious_engineer

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hey guys,

I have a problem. A particular via on the physical board is connected to layer 2, but that connection is wrong, and I need to wire it to another pin on the board on the top layer. How can I make this connection without shorting layer 2 and the the top layer pin?

In other words, I need to somehow break the via's connection to layer 2, even though this contact is made within the via. Re-fabricating is not an option.

Thanks.

What else does it connect to?
If it only connects the top layer to layer 2 then you can drill it slightly larger to remove the plating and just connect that net to another connection.

This may require some scrubbing off of the resist on the via.

Be careful.

Thanks a lot. Thats the optimal soluition. I just realized that I can simply pop up the pin of the chip and manually connect that to the appropriate top layer pin (which is DC voltage, so I can just use an extra power supply). THis is a crude way compared to your neater one, but it is easier.

Thanks again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back