Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Resistor Value on Circuit Diagrams Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deltatango

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Getting confused these days having lived through days of wires looping over each other in a diagram, then just crossing over followed by stopping short of another when crossing over etc, as other countries got confused.

I am now confused with the latest resistor version of circuit diagram markings of a value...........

2E 4.7E etc is this a new circuit marking for OHM or Milliohm?

Is this taking over from 2R 4.7R or 4R7 or R47 etc.

Working on a power supply so I want to get it correct because (E in smd land) means 0000's to an value marking, so to see it used on a circuit diagram throws you off a bit.

Thank you for any help.......

David :confused:

wondrous

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Yes I had read that in my search for an answer thank you, but that was not my question.

I am talking about a circuit diagram code:- 2M - 2K - 2R (OK so far) but 2E?? is what I want to understand about.

Possibly some new code to confuse us or make easier for Chinese to relate to as I know their component descriptions can be simplistic or even wacky.

Thank you from David

try this

the section on Product size indication of flat chip resistors toward the end.
apparently there is a size marking and a resistance marking.

so 2E and 4.7E are labels for a resistor on a schematic (i missed read that part)
per the KOA page above, 2E is a size indicator 1210 (inch code) or 3.2 mm by 2.6 mm
4.7E is a resistance value - 4.7 x 10,000, as E is listed as 10,000 in the table from post 2

my apologies if i'm still wrong

Last edited:

Getting confused these days having lived through days of wires looping over each other in a diagram, then just crossing over followed by stopping short of another when crossing over etc, as other countries got confused.

I am now confused with the latest resistor version of circuit diagram markings of a value...........

Is this taking over from 2R 4.7R or 4R7 or R47 etc.

Working on a power supply so I want to get it correct because (E in smd land) means 0000's to an value marking, so to see it used on a circuit diagram throws you off a bit.

Thank you for any help.......

David :confused:
E stands for Ohms for example 2E means 2 Ohms and 4.7 E means 4.7 Ohms.

Thank you all for your help I have read the link regarding smd and other resistor markings etc, I asked RS for their view below is the reply :-

Dear David.

Thank you for your recent enquiry.

For resistors E can be the same as Ω. It is often used in case of high power resistors (power not being less than 5W). Sometimes you can see R written instead of E.
We are however unable to determine the ohms or power rating of the required resistor form an E2 reference.

The only point I make on this reply is my part is an smd 08-12 type size so would not be a 5W+ rating

At this I accept that "E" = "R" on a circuit diagram, just like to find who started it and why? just one of my curio questions that one day I will learn, similar to the transistor symbol of many years standing based old ideas of electric current flow but oops got it wrong!!

Thanks from David :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back