Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Resistance and Capacitance of a human

Status
Not open for further replies.

SolarTorch

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
high voltage human capacitance

Anyone know the resistance and capacitance of a human?

is the resistance in a human skin body low?

There are some different between the Human model and the real measurment. When I measure myself, I find the resistance is in M-ohm order (hand to hand).

how to measure the low resistance of the skin

That depends on how dry is your skin .. dry skin measurement ≠ body resistance ..
" If you lick your palm and touch the wires against it again, the red light should come on brightly "
See:
**broken link removed**
for some additional hints ..

Regards,
IanP

SolarTorch said:
There are some different between the Human model and the real measurment. When I measure myself, I find the resistance is in M-ohm order (hand to hand).

human skin is very unliniar depend of voltage and time under voltage

Low voltage as measure with Ohm-meter give very high Ohm value, but >50 Volt possible give a Hazard current (>20 mA) and resistans low as 2.5 kOhm depends of chloride Ione build in skin (elecrolyze) and make easier conduct for current...

High voltage discharge value is very differ compare to low voltage discharger value.

For RF-frequency you have other models differ from above and depend of frequencys.

How about the capacitance for the Human? Is it also voltage depended?

SolarTorch said:
How about the capacitance for the Human? Is it also voltage depended?

I think not.

capacitive is depend of electrostatic field between body and enviroment. Unless not using voltage depend capacitance in shoes etc., i think body capacitanse is voltage independ and constant.

Skin resistanse is important factor to make discharge model for caclulate ESD-damage

ie capacitans holds enegy and skin resistanse make how fast this discharge.

10 - 15 kV storing static charge in body breaks easy high resistance barriere in skin and make low resistance path in skin and result high current discharge pulse on target

(break down in skin have simular mechanism as High voltage discharge on circurit boards make small, small carbon trace on boards surface or inside board mass and can newer witdstand same high voltage again and in most case must replace with new equipment)

xxargs said:
10 - 15 kV storing static charge in body breaks easy high resistance barriere in skin and make low resistance path in skin and result high current discharge pulse on target

In this premiss, the capacitance also changed because of the dielectric has been changed, am I right?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back