Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

requirements for sat tv

Status
Not open for further replies.

star22

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi
you assume i have content for 24hr & 7 days and now i want start up a sat tv ( for example on hotbird) . what are the requirements(from first to end)? how much the total cost? ( leasing frequency per month + Terrestrial station +a studio+...)

best regards.

thank you for reply,
how my tv signal transfer to satellite ? you assume i am in middle east and i have a tv channel on hotbird , how can i transfer uplink signal ( can i transmit signal to satellite directly or i must do this through intermediate company?)

Best regards.

To transmit to satellite you need several things:

1. A contract with the satellite company.
2. Permission from them to use a particular transponder at a specified time.
3. An uplink facility, typically a 2m dish, 25W microwave transmitter. The provider will advise on polarization and frequency, typically around 14GHz.
4. An encoder to convert baseband video and sound to a digital transport stream. The provider will advise on Symbol rates and FEC settings.

If you are making a single broadcast from one place to another, the provider will normally lease a transponder which you can use exclusively. The cost has to be negotiated but will typically be around US $20 per minute.
If you want to broadcast to a wider audience it is a little more complicated because normal 'domestic' transponders carry several TV channels simultaneously so you can't just 'aim and fire' as your signal would not be multiplexed with the others. In this case, you would probably need to uplink to the satellite control center where they did the multiplexing for you. Your signal would likely be on a different satellite to the one it was returned to Earth on. The first 'hop' would be from you to the control center by satellite and they would mulitiplex it then upload it to the second satellite (Hotbird for example) for you.

Look at this web page for a list of commercial uplink companies: **broken link removed** It might list a company near you that can help.

Brian.

Reactions: star22

star22

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Hi
Thanks for all help and reply, can anyone find for me price of leasing frequency ( which cover middle east ) per MHZ Per month , because when i contact with Eutelsat i can not get specific response.
please give me list price or in other words i need a digit.
thanks in advance

Status
Not open for further replies.