Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

requestfor a datasheet f SGM2175 Ver1.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

mvs sarma

Advanced Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I have a chance to get few LCD glass displays branded SGM2175 Ver1.0

i failed to get any data on this device
it has 22(11+11) pin lcd glass with edge pins soldered to board
the board has 9 pin connector facility
it has One CoB behind.
and back lit for lcd
i could assume two pins for backlit

i request for any possible datasheet for this device.
Thanks in anticipation

LCDs are easy to design to a particular specification, these could be very specific to a product and not much use elsewhere.

Are you sure it is 'general purpose' alphanumeric or graphic and not for example for displaying special symbols ?

Brian.

It still could be anything. For example it might be four digits and "AM:pM" or six digits or even 40 alphanumerics. LCDs can be custom made so easily that even for small quantities it becomes viable to have them made for a specific product. As well as the actual segment/pixel pattern in the LCD glass, there could be specific fonts or codes programmed in to the COB.

I picked up some that looked like 2 rows of 40 characters a while ago but found they were pre-programmed so they only displayed "Please check out by 10:00AM" and "Please clean this room". They were custom made for a hotel company.

You can sometimes see what it might be if you remove the plastic protective film and angle it carefully so you see light reflecting off the metalic coating on the glass. It won't tell you everything but it might give some idea of wha its original purpose was.

Brian.

Hi,

I fear the film is polarisor and not just dust prevention foil.
I´m with Brian. I think it is the protection.
The polarizer is thicker, not that flexible.

with a special viewing anglou you could recognize the traces on the glass.
Then you could find out what is backplana and what is segment.

You could us some DC voltage (3V, 5V) in series with a 1MOhms resistor to excite some segments (between backplane and segement).
DC for a short time will not kill the display. Best is to "discharge" it soon with an antistatic foam.

Klaus

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back