Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Request for information about Sony KV-29C3

Status
Not open for further replies.

gillcv

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
repair sony ae4

I am interested in any information about the the tv set Sony KV-29C3; I like a service manual, repair tips, the use of the incorporated service module etc. Thanks in advance for any help.

Gill :cry:

sony service menu init tv

I've repaird such a TV and can share with you my tips. The symptom was no power. I checked the power supply and found Q601 and Q602 (2SC4834) shorted and fuse resistor R607 (0.1 ohm, 1/2W) blown. Apparently the power supply was shorted -- this is usually caused by problems in B+. So I checked the horizontal deflection transistor Q502 (2SC5148) and found it's broken too. Replacing the 3 transistors and the fuse resistor solved the problem.

sony kv 16 apr 3

Hi,

I have the complete service manual and a file with some tips.
But the file size is approx. 16,5 mb's, so i can not upload here.
Please let me know how i can send this file to you.
You can also post a request at **broken link removed**. and i will upload it there.

Arold

kv-29c3d manual

For Arold who replied to my request:

Hi,

As you told me I posted a request with the same subject at WIMTV S uploadcenter. So I hope you can upload the file here.

Thank you very much,

gillcv :)

ae4 repair forum

Hi Gill,

I have uploaded the manual and some repair tips.
Hope it will help you.

All the best.
Arold.

ae4 repairing forum

Thank you, Tigger

Gill

kv-25c3d servicemenue

Dear friends,

I'm also urgently looking for the service manual for a SONY TV KV-29C3 (I have a KV-29C3D) and I have plenty of small color stripes after 30 mins (termal error).
I would be very lucky if somebody can contact me:
Arold or Gilcv might have it and I don't know how to get in touch with them.
Could anybody help me or help to get in contact with them or a location where to get it?
I found a hint that it might be uploaded at: **broken link removed** but it couldn found anytjing there (there is no search) and google does only return a single URL pointing to this forum.
Thanks a lot guys in advance

my mail: is heinzv at gmx.at (replace " at " with @, I use this syntax just to avoid spam)

sony kv-29c3d manual

Sony KV29C3 is sony chassis AE4 and schematic diagram is **broken link removed** and **broken link removed** (need registration,but it is for free) ,from Poland **broken link removed** and from some russian web's **broken link removed** (very slow) **broken link removed** (password by e-mail)

servis sony kv29c3d

repair(R), thanks a lot for your links and hints. I've downloaded the Sony-Chassis-AE4. In this PDF-File, it shows a list of devices KV-28WF3 and KV-32 but no KV29C3, is the schematic diagramm valid also for the KV-29C3?
My problem is that after 30mins (termic ?) I get small stripes in all colors (less than 1cm long) on the screen. This applies to antenna signal, AV input (like DVD) but not to teletext which is clean! (so only pure video signal, no text & generated picture)

kind regards Heinz

sony kv-29c3d

All these tv have chassis AE4 (KV25X3 ;KV28WX10 ; KV32WX10 ; KV29K1 ;KV25K1 ; KV32WS4 ; KV28WF3 ;
KV29C3 ; kv25k1 ; kv29k3 ...).If you think that defect is termic,you can use freezing (dielectric) spray.

kv-29c3d

Here's my pennys worth.
Seems like a video A-D\D-A fault.
Check the supplies for hash (towards and in the digi-board)
Try tapping the board while the fault is present, but you might have to restart the set to see the result, as its cpu might lockup when the fault is there.
Redo the soldering on most of the SMD's on that board, a bit time consuming but most of the time gives results.

Cheers
sda

sony chassis ae 4 fault

:) You all are great, thanks a lot for your very valuable hints. That helps a lot. I give fedback if I found something
kind regards
Heinz

kv-29c3 fault

Hello,
i have a sony kv29c3 and there is no menu on the screen, there`s no display of programm, sound or something else. :cry:
What can i do? Can anydody help me?
How can i download the servicemanual and the tip of wimtv?
Thanks

Reibi

reibi vs

For no, or out of sync OSD check crystal X401 and replace the series trimming capacitor.
Those components are located at the rear corner as a seperate screened PCB assembly, above the main board.

This, assuming that the tv is working, - normal picture and sound.

cheers
sda

sony kv 29 modo servicio

Hello,
thank for the answer, i will test it.
But where can i download the sercicemanual ?

Thanks
Reibi

kv-25c3d

Hello,

today I replaced these components but i takes no effect.
The TV workes with normal picture and sound but there is no nenu and no OSD :cry:

I have download the servicemanual but there is not anything could help.

What can I do ?

Thanks

Reibi

transitor q502 sont tv

Hmm..
Well, IC401 in that board would be your next step.
This, from sony's service bulletins (assist).

Having the circuit diagram, and before condeming the above IC, make some voltage measurments, to be on the safe side.

regards
sda

kv29k1 tips repair

Hi, I've a problem with my Sony KV-25c3d. The powersupply isn't working.
Can anyone help me with a service manual?
The problem is that the voltages are very low. (10V instead of 135)
I replaced the Q601 Q602, Q802.
Does anyone have a tips for this problem?
Thanks,
Remco

ae4 sony horizontal color lines

Reibi
8)
Früher hatte ich auch mit diesem Menu display problem beschhaftigt. Wenn du brauchst noch hilfe. Ich kann dir helfen. Aber zuerst muss ich zu Hause gehen.

You must set FW1 property on in Service Menu (without seing the menu) and than will be menu show

Sory for bad English and Deutsch
muratyelkovan@yahoo.com

www.schematytv.sk

Exuse me but there is no q502 in a sony kv29c3
it"s a mistake.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back