Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Req: Data on EM simulation speed using Intel quad-core CPU

Status
Not open for further replies.

wave-maniac

Full Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Data on EM simulation speed using Intel Core 2 Extreme QX6700 (quad-core) would be appreciated. Particularly I'm looking for data for CST MWS, HFSS (with multiprocessor support), Feko and IE3D. I'm wondering if it is substantially faster than core 2 duo.

Thanks in advance

Re: Req: Data on EM simulation speed using Intel quad-core C

wave-maniac said:
Data on EM simulation speed using Intel Core 2 Extreme QX6700 (quad-core) would be appreciated. Particularly I'm looking for data for CST MWS, HFSS (with multiprocessor support), Feko and IE3D.
Hmm, I just ordered the intel core2 duo X6800 with 8 gigs and it costs a lot !
Probably quad-core will be next one :)
Anyway do you have any models or scripts to run a test ? Which type of solvers you are mostly interesting ?

For CST MWS, I mean both Transient and the tetrahedral frequency domain. As to test model, let's use your model which you posted last year:

As far as I can remember, it is a nonradiating waveguide structure. I'll think about a radiating test structure later to see the effect of PML on simulation speed.

As to HFSS, you can create the abovementioned strucure for that. For IE3D, let's just pick one of its examples, particularly with dense mesh. For Feko, let's go for the horn antenna that it includes as an example.

Regards

Re: Req: Data on EM simulation speed using Intel quad-core C

When you have tried simulating with the processor I would like to see the log files, to see how fast your simulation was, compared to the number of meshcells. I'm working on a high resonating filter structure and I really need some more speed on my CST calculations. I hope is is OK:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back