Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Represent frequency-dependent inductor in Agilent ADS?

Status
Not open for further replies.

wizardz

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I'm doing some circuit modeling of on-chip passives.

In this work, I have to add frequency-dependent inductors to ADS. The inductance vs. freq are now available in text forms.

I guess dataaccesscomponont(DAC) can do this works. But I find simulation error when using DAC in lumped inductor setup. (I can only find examples using DAC in dataitems).

Attached is a screen shot of my circuit model

Can anyone help me or suggest some help documents?

Thanks a great!

After some investigation I find a viable way.
Insterestingly, I post reply here to answere myself.

In ADS, we can use 1-port Z-parameter component(Z-box) in eqation based linear components. The Z parameters can be read from external file.

There is a parameter set in the Z-box called Ci. This can be used to model mutual coupling. As for how to represent mutual coupling in a complex invironment, I can only think out the way of series connecting sereval Z-box, each of which have different Ci to model the multiple coupling.

I still hope someone can offer better ways!

"freq" is ADS variable and you can obtain a frequency depended inductor by using this variable such as.

L=k*freq*Linit

or similar thing..
Here k may be a coefficient or a function or something else.This equation increases (or deceases ) inductor value proportional to freqeuncy.

As I can remember, ADS can use S-parameter model in its schematic, which maintains the intrinsic frequency-dependent feature.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back