Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Relationship between SR and GBWP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nugget

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
gbwp closed loop

One say : the more GBW , the faster op amp ? What means speed of op amp ?
What is the relationship between SR and GBW ? could anyone let me know clearly ?
Thanks a lot

Gain x Bandwidth is a small signal parameter. Slew rate is a large signal parameter. Both of them are controlled by capacitances, but the slew rate is affected by bias currents. So, they are only slightly correlated.

Hello
on my point of view ou have a correlation between SR and BW.
I give you an example:
if your are desingning an OTA the bandwith is gm/CL and gm=I/(Vgs-VT)
The output slew rate (external slew rate) is given by SR=dvmax/dt=k.I/CL where k is a multiplicative factor (k≥1 )
So you have a correlation between SR and BW (closed loop)

current decides the ckt gain which inturn decides the UGB of the opamp.
similarly current also decides the Slew rate of the op-amp.
see analog design itself multi dimensional optimization.
we cant say no parameter depends on other..

SR is a large signal parameter ok, but GBW product tells us info. abt how our circuit can operate at high frequencies. Thus if we have a good GBW product, i think we can have a good SR.

i highly recommand you to see David Johns and Ken Martin's book. it was thorouly explained in the book.

the faster the circuit, high transition frequency, the higher the slew rate so it seems they correlate

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back