Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Relation between clock speed of Micro-controller & Power consumption

Status
Not open for further replies.

Abhishekabs

Advanced Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello,
how to calculate total power dissipation of any multiple-core micro-controller?
If my internal clock frequency range if from 50Mhz to 400MHz, how will it impact my power dissipation calculation.
The data-sheet I have is development data-sheet & not all information is present to calculate complete power dissipation.
(Typically current requirement of my application is 800mA-1.2A & operating voltage from 3.3V + core voltage 1.2V)
I have seen on many website that they calculate by formula C*Square(V) * F.
But I do not think that's the only value, there should be lot of other factors which should be considered.

Can somebody help me, with procedure to calculate P.D of multi-core micros?

Unfortunately I can not share details about micro-controller due to NDA, but you can share any generic info you guys have,

Thanks

If you are dealing with an MCU that is in development (and hence requires that you sign the NDA) then you should talk to the developer organisation.
Susan

Status
Not open for further replies.