Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

regarding2 phase to 3phase conversion

Status
Not open for further replies.

rimpul

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi everybody..

can anyone tell me how i convert 2 phase to 3phase using condenser.

thank you.

by putting capacitor with the ninety degree phase shift you can get three phase ...

by putting capacitor with the ninety degree phase shift you can get three phase ...

then how could u test it..?

i have one 2/3 phase converter in which input is 415v in two wire each and the converted output should be 415v in 3 wire(3phase)...but i am not getting 415v in yellow phase(L2) instead its showing 0v and in other phases its proper i mean 415v...

can u pls guide me how could i solve it?

regards
rimpul.

The question is unclear. Do you refer to a single-to-three-phase conversion cicruit, as addressed by kak111? Or something different?

If it's a circuit of the said type (simple capacitive phase shifter), you won't get reasonable measurements without connecting a load.

yes sir i am connecting 3phase motor of 1hp as load.....

The most wise and practical way is to use 1-phase AC drive for 3-phase motor.
You get full power from motor and full control over motor via parameters.
Continous RPM control, motor current and trip settings, acceleration and deceleration settings,
start / stop circuits with inbuild 10Vdc circuit etc........
Motor needs , stamped to 240V/400V (delta/star)
when inverter supply is 240V motor must wired to 240V (delta)

Normally 1-phase Ac-drives are available for 1/8.....5hp motors

When 3-phase motor is running with capacitor in 1-phase supply , you get only 66% or less of listed power out.

Here is for example Yaskawa AC-drives

**broken link removed**

I'm going to assume that rimpul doesn't actually have a 2 phase source (which is extremely rare and archaic). Are we talking about split phase or single phase?

I'm going to assume that rimpul doesn't actually have a 2 phase source (which is extremely rare and archaic). Are we talking about split phase or single phase?

Yes, It is single phase we are talking about.

Check out Microchip application Note about single phase to 3 phase conversion

Status
Not open for further replies.