Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

regarding using windows for commercial purpose

Status
Not open for further replies.

Suresh R

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,
I thought i could try to develop some projects at home and may sell it if it comes successful.

I dont know whether i could do this at home. So i thought of getting some information on this.

1) I would like to know whether i could use "windows XP home edition" which i have now for commercial purpose or should i get any seperate licence from Microsoft for developing any applications on XP platform for any commercial purposes?

2) I would be using open source softwares to run on this OS. I guess it wont cause any trouble.

regard's
Suresh.

You can run anything you like on a legal copy of any version of XP. They've disabled some advanced functions on the Home version but it can be use for business use.

Use linux instead. It's free and far more stable than XP. You can even run some windows apps using WINE.

Suresh R

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
blueroomelectronics said:
You can run anything you like on a legal copy of any version of XP. They've disabled some advanced functions on the Home version but it can be use for business use.

Use linux instead. It's free and far more stable than XP. You can even run some windows apps using WINE.

Thank you.
I would search for Linux free version.
Any suggestive links would also be helpful to choose.

Suresh.

blueroomelectronics said:
A very popular and somewhat complete distro is Ubuntu. It's free.
https://www.ubuntu.com/

Hi,
This really seems to be a nice piece of information.

I didnt get this when i searched for linux free version.

Ok. Can you give more details on this operating System.

What exactly does it mean by saying Linux Distribution??

Does it mean that it would support all softwares supported by Linux?

And does it suppport all tools (embeded and VLSI) that may be required for development?

Thanks!

Suresh.

Status
Not open for further replies.