Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Regarding t junction while routing

Status
Not open for further replies.

sh.toh

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

I was told that drawing layout is best to avoid T-junction connection especially when designing a pcb that handles very high frequency.

I tried search on the internet but can't find what are the pros and cons of T-junctions on pcb drawings...

So can anyone enlighten me?

Hi,
Normally we do not use 90 degree in PCB because at that point the trace width changes and because of which Impedace is mismatched which can cause reflections.

Similarly if you consider the above fact you do not provide T connection while splitting an we use Y junction. Y is fromed by two 45 degree traces and T is formed by two 90 degree traces.
Y has less variation of trace area at junction while compairing with T.

Thanks

sh.toh

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Hi,
Normally we do not use 90 degree in PCB because at that point the trace width changes and because of which Impedace is mismatched which can cause reflections.

Similarly if you consider the above fact you do not provide T connection while splitting an we use Y junction. Y is fromed by two 45 degree traces and T is formed by two 90 degree traces.
Y has less variation of trace area at junction while compairing with T.

Thanks

Hi,

Regarding with reflections? Any effect on signal integrity with the T-Junctions or the Y-Junctions? I have tried to search the internet but i didn't found anything regarding this matter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back