Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Regarding Phase variation and simulation for the amplifier and band pass filter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maitry07

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello support Team,

Is it possible to simulate Phase difference between input and output port using S2P file of amplifier and band pass filter?
I want to understand the phase variation at the output of the amplifier and band pass filter. I have S2P file. Can you please guide, How Can I simulate or measure phase variation using s2p file.

A lissajous figure is a handy method. See if the simulator permits making a scope trace which is an XY plot (input vs output). Exact match creates a diagonal line.

Phase inversion (180 degree difference) causes a diagonal line leaning the other direction.

Phase difference causes an ellipse leaning in this or that direction.

90 degree difference creates an ellipse which is symmetrical (doesn't lean), that is, resembling a circle.

It's hard to gauge phase difference as a degree measurement.

If you cannot make a lissajous figure, then overlay a plot of input over output. This way makes it easier to measure a degree difference.

s2p file does have the phase information you are looking for. If you have the s2p file, just plot it in a tool such as AWR or RSPlot... There are options allowing you to see magnitue, phase, real part etc. Plot phase of s21, that's it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back