Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] regarding (d3s ic) dual transistor npn pnp

Status
Not open for further replies.

me987

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
firstly I'm new to electronics project with some basic knowledge.
My project is "DAC controller"
The device is used to adjust the output voltage or current ( in that respective mode,the device works for both modes) based on the input vltg or current . ie as input raises the output should drop based on the scaled value from the microcontroller and vice versa as input drops output raises (can be considered as a comparator also).

Basically to understand in common words we are doing the job of a potentiometer(logic) in a digital meter,
i already have a demo model which is working fine but done by an another person.
I have got some knowledge on this spending these days but now im struck and i hope u guys can help me, thanks in advance.
microcontroller : msp430afe253
and from microcontroller 3 pwm output pins are considered . it is then connected to 3 different optocouplers(EL817,2nd pin input) and from optocoupler(4th pin output) it is connected to the "d3s" transistor mentioned above and the output is fed to View attachment emd3t2r-e rohm.pdf on img it seems like d38 but it is d3s.JPGnon inverting pin and output is fed back to inverting pin. This is the device output(opamp output pin)
i found out that any msp can generate a max of 3.5v (==msp ic vcc) but here in this device the output ranges from 0 to 5 v
from the above optocoupler connection i found out that the input voltage given to it is same as the output voltage(optocouler is mainly used here as a input output circuit isolater)
and opamp in that connection (maybe acts as a voltage follower, not sure)
so my doubt is from 3.5 to 5v how does it change, maybe only way is from the transistor ic i mentiond, but how?

question: What does this d3s actually mean and what happens when connected this way(attached below)

Hi,

A weird schematic.
I doubt it is well designed. At least the OP07 is not suitable to operate from 0V/+5V supply.

Where is the circuit from?
Please give a link to a datasheet or internet site.

Klaus

Specifically the dual transistor wiring looks non operational. But some schematic details are blurred, I don't want to guess about it.

A meaningful circuit schematic should include the built-in resistors of the "digital" transistors.

The project specification looks incomplete, may be there are unsaid prerequisites.

opto.JPG
opamp.JPG
d3s.JPG
View attachment op07c.pdf
hi i have uploaded these files for much easy understanding and i see here that opamp 4th pin connection is not grnd it is -5v

Hi,

A weird schematic.
I doubt it is well designed. At least the OP07 is not suitable to operate from 0V/+5V supply.

Where is the circuit from?
Please give a link to a datasheet or internet site.

Klaus

hey thanks for replying
im sorry i made a mistake
the 4th pin of opamp is not ground it is -5v.(attached a photo again)
so now it makes sense to operate from 0 to 5v?
and im sorry i dont have a datasheet or circuit for this
but im attaching individual components datasheet to it
thank u and hoping for a reply.

- - - Updated - - -

yes sir the resistors for the transistor ic are buit in (10k ohm)
but i want to know what happens if a circuit like that is made
d3s.JPG

yes sir the resistors for the transistor ic are buit in (10k ohm)
but i want to know what happens if a circuit like that is made
View attachment 143576

Status
Not open for further replies.