Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Regarding Arbiter logics in DIgital System

Status
Not open for further replies.

rakeshrupan

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,
Can any one inform me for type of Arbiter logic are their in digital systems. Also i want to know the Rounded Robin arbiter logic. This is very helpful to me. IF u have any book please send me this id rakeshrupan@gmail.com.

Thanks in advance,
Rakeshrupan.

i think this link will help u very much

**broken link removed**

To explain round robin arbiter, its better to go through the priority arbiter as well.

Assuming there are 3 masters, A,B and C, with 3 different priority levels, high, medium and low. During initialization of the system, assuming A is given the highest priority, B is given medium priority and C the low priority. When there is a request by all the masters to access the bus, A will be serviced first. Once its serviced, the priority of A changes from high to low, B changes from medium to high and C changes from low to medium.

This remains the status quo till B is serviced and then it loses its high priority status and changes to low priority. This forms a cycle and this type of arbitration policy is called round robin arbitration. Hope i've been clear. Let me know incase of any clarifications or corrections

Thanks,
Rakeshrupan

Added after 10 minutes:

Are u have any verilog coding for this ?

Please share that.

Thanks,
Rakeshrupan.

I don't have a verilog code. but, it should be easy to come up with a state machine on ur own based on my inputs. In anycase, if you have the specification for ur requirement, post here. Even if i don't come up with the verilog code, someone else might

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back