Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Reg:PCB Standards-IPC

Status
Not open for further replies.

sakthivel.s

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
ipc pcb standards

Dear Sir,

I am Sakthivel working as an Embedded Hardware Engineer. Since I am new to PCB Design I thought of asking some few basic questions. We are not following any standard for design of PCB’s (Since we don’t know what standard to follow). Is it necessary to follow any standards for PCB Design? I came across IPC Standard (Institute for packaging circuits). Shall we follow these standards for PCB Design for our PCB Design? How much will be the cost of these standards? How can I get these standards?

pcb ipc standard

Dear cyberrat,
How much will be the cost to join IPC and to buy standards. If i want to do IPC Certification, What qualification should i have and what will be the cost.

Thanks in Advance,

Thanks & Regards,
Sakthivel.S

Added after 36 minutes:

Dear cyberrat,
Is my company have to register for IPC Membership or i alone can do that? Please give some idea about IPC mebership(I have gone through ipc.org, they has given only about company membership)

Thanks & Regards,
Sakthivel.S

ipc standard for pcb

Try searching CID certificataion

-Rajkumar

ipc standards pcb

Have you actually tried looking on the IPC website?

Also have a search here for IPC standards & you will find those that are recommended to use.

Although, IPC standards are not the be all & end all of PCB layout, you can get by quite easily without them.

Search through this forum for more information on PCB design, there have been many similar posts over the years with excellent replies, they just need you to find them.

ipc standards for pcb layout

Dear Raj,
In India Is there any way to do CID certificataion. Any traning is available in india.Is it valuable.What will be the cost for this?

Thanks & Regards,
Sakthivel.S

pcb standard

Sakthivel,
Some orgn in Bangalore is conducting CID certification I heard. The apprx cost is Rs.30,000/

I too was in search of that for the past 2 years.
from designers comment, some says it is not worth. bcz no companys are looking for CID certified designers in their profile.
So collect more details and then go ahead.
regards,
rinj

ipc cid worth it

Dear raji,
Do u know any certifications are necessary for embedded hardware or board design. Shall i have ur personal mail id. I want to discuss with u personally regarding my carrier

Thanks & Regards,
Sakthivel.S

pcb ipc standard

Dear All,
Where we can refer IPC standards in india before purchasing? Is there any possibility?

Thanks & Regards,
Sakthivel.S

ipc+pcb

The IPC claims to be an international standards organization, but they only offer design certification in the US and Canada. This has been very frustrating.

pcb, ipc

i dont think so.

i am in india and i know few persons who has done this certification..
so i feel ,it will be available for other countries too

what is ipc pcb standard

We are trying to follow IPC standards

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back