Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

References about designing an analog multiplier based on op-amp/transistor

Status
Not open for further replies.

sec

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,
a would like to make an analog multiplier based on op-amp or/and transistor. Can anyone refer me web pages or help me.
thank

analog multiplier circuit

Datasheet for LM118 contains Four Quadrant Multiplier circuit you want.
Datasheet for LM194/LM394 have One Quadrant Multiplier circuit.

analog multiplier circuits

sec,
Building an analog multiplier from discrete transistors is impractical because of the tight parameter matching required (Look up "Gilbert Cell" on the web).
You can build a 2 quadrant multiplier from an Op amp or comparator by using a pulse width modulation scheme. to control the on time of an analog switch, and filtering the output.
Regards,
Kral

analog multipliers and modulators

is an analog multiplier the same thing as an modulator?

analog multiplier for am

Basically a multiplier output is Z=X*Y and it could be allso Z(t)=X(t)*Y(t). Amplitude modulation formula has the same structure and it follows that multiplier can be used as amplitude modulator.

one quadrant multiplier

is this analog multiplier multiply the frequency or improving the gain? what is quadrant multiplier mean?

analog multiplier design

More about analog multiplier and how it can be used you can find in datasheet for MC1495.
Four quadrant means that both variables X and Y can have positive or negative sign. Two quadrant means that one of the variables can have only one sign and other both signs. Use the analogy with cartesian plane.

analog switch based multiplier

Usually analog multipliers based on differential current dividers which ruled by input voltage,or current dividers which ruled by input current from v-to-i converters.
But these schemes have low accuracy.
For high precision you can use ADC with multiplying DAC
[/img]

low+voltage+four+quadrant+analog+cmos+multiplier

sec,
As Borber pointed out, an analaog multiplier can be used as an AM modulator. However, the DC characteristics, such as DC offset usually are not important in an AM modulator.
Regards,
Kral

circuit of analog multiplier

DC offsets at AM are producing parasitic spectrum components (products) at ωm and ωc.

analog multiplier circuit using 741

Borber is right, of course. However, in a modulator application, capacitor coupling can be used to eliminate DC offsets, unless the modulation components must really go down to DC.

making a analog multiplier

Four quadrant multiplier is better because only multiplier offsets, which are small are producing parasitics. Two quadrant multiplier can be used where ωm can have DC offset.

cmos analog multiplier

can anyone has analog multiplier circuit then do send me
also if u have C coding to build the analog multiplier then multiplies the signal and NRZ level and phase shifter bcoz my proj is BPSK modulator SO SEND ME THE CODING AND CKT
THANX

four+quadrant+analog+multiplier

**broken link removed**

Re: Analog multiplier

Saved my exam (that i will probably succeed tomorrow) :)
Thanks for the explaining "four quadrant multiplier" :D

Status
Not open for further replies.