Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Reed Solomon Codes - Golay codes

Status
Not open for further replies.

rossos

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
i would like to know if anyone of you has a circuity of these 2 error correcting techniques...

thank you

You should tried looking at error correction text book to gain a better understanding. For a reed solomon, you could easily implement a small code using a meggitt decoder technique. For the longing code, you would have to use some search algorithm i.e. chien or some other(search the internet). The encoder is just LFSR with some XOR logic.

i search and i couldnt find anything...

I guess you haven't tried hard enough. I just type golay decoder and encoder in google and I found an implementation using wavelet transform. I am quite suprise you can't find Reed Solomon in the internet. You should look at 4i2i website , it gives a
good introduction on RS.

i found this 4i2i long time ago. what i really need is a gate level of each part.

you can not get the gate level except that you pay money

The Best way to implement is the RTL Level...
My eldest brother implemented the REED SOLOMEN in RTL on a XILINX FPGA in his MASTERS THESIS

Hi,
There is a the e-book "Art of error Correcting Coding" Robert H. Morelos-Zaragoza.

You can download from edaboard. In cahp 4, there is a full-description about the Reed-Solomon code. You can find the C-code in the auther's web site.

Enjoy it!

hi ,
this is sandeep i dont have enough points to download can anyone help me

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back