Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Recruitment of B.Tech in VLSI domain in India

Status
Not open for further replies.

Devarun

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Respected All,
I am a B.Tech graduate with a specialization in electronics. I am interested in securing a job in VLSI domain but haven't been able to secure any possible avenues. So I would request any seniors or fellow graduate out there, if someone could share their experiences and guide me in this industry.

Yours sincerely,
Devarun

Since you are only a B.tech graduate..So,i don't think you have any brighter chances unless you are from IIT's,NIT's and other premier institutes where VLSI and EDA companies used to go and hire engineers,they trust people having post-graduation M.S/M.TECH/M.E degree.But that only doesn't ensure a job opportunity,i have seen many people struggling even after their post-graduation.So think wisely before entering into this challenging field .

VLSI happens to be a niche segment where companies want the best of the talent, Companies like cadence,mentor,synopsis,xilinx reach out the campuses to hire only the cream talent from the premier engineering colleges only

they do very planned hiring in this front,the talent pool is also very limited unlike the IT companies which hire, say 5000 people from campuses. After the economic slowdown in 2008,they are effective and consistent in terms of their hiring bulk hiring doesn't happens.When they look at the engineers they look for a very strong technical background who have got an understanding of VLSI design flow, who understand languages like C, C++, HDL, VeriLog, System VeriLog, VHDL,Perl,Shell etc.

Respected Sir,
Thank you for sharing this information.But I have a query, can B.Tech freshers like me start in one of the mentioned companies as intern and work our way up from it, if senior employes of such organizations refer us.

Yours sincerely,
Devarun

yes,may be..If some employee refer you and can let you have an interview..than its up to you to clear it..i m no employee of these companies So,i can not say much about that.

Status
Not open for further replies.