Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Record key press and show as graph.?

Status
Not open for further replies.
W

Wolfram

Hi,
I am looking for a software (for windows) which can record keys pressed with their duration and can show the output as some graph. That is I am interested in how long a key has been pressed. How many keys are pressed simultaneously. Logging inputs from joysticks, gamepads support will be great

If you're lucky, someone has already made such a program and uploaded it on a freeware/shareware website.

Try a search on keypress, keylogger, buttonpress, AND 'duration', etc.

Or do you wish to learn a programming language and do it yourself?

I have used a BASIC environment called ThinBasic. It's free to download. Free to use.

https://www.thinbasic.com

It is scripted. It draws from routines built into Windows. It is no harder or easier to learn than other BASIC environments.

Examples of commands you might investigate for doing what you want:

GetWindowKeyState

GetWindowMultiKeyState

GetWindowAnyKeyState

GetAsyncKeyState

I don't know how easy it will be to detect simultaneous keypresses. The method of scanning the keyboard wires often causes one character to take precedence over another character.

To keep track of milliseconds is possible in ThinBasic.

To draw a graph is a whole 'nother project.

Status
Not open for further replies.